Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
What is required in my portfolio for Art & Design and Fine Art?
A portfolio is your opportunity to display a range of projects from your studies and/or hobbies related to the creative discipline. A portfolio may include observational and experimental drawing, painting, textile projects using a range of processes, sketchbooks, annotation, and evidence of exploring other artists and designers as inspiration for your projects. Typically you will include research of how you conceptualised and developed your ideas, what inspired them such as artist studies and mood boards, your development and ultimately your final pieces. Any 3D work may be photographed, and a portfolio could be displayed physically or online, such as on a website.
Depending on your experience we may consider your application without the above qualifications or UCAS tariff points if you have considerable experience in this area.
If you have any other enquiries relating to this you can contact the Art & Design and Fine Art Team to discuss, their contact details can be found at the bottom of the specific course page by searching the Art & Design and Fine Art subject area.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and we pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.