Council Tax

How do I apply for Council Tax exemption?

For the Greater Manchester Councils (Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford and Wigan) we submit confirmation that you are a full-time student directly to your local council by sending them an electronic list. We do not need to issue a paper certificate. All you need to do is follow the instructions issued by your Council on how to apply to them for your exemption/discount.

To apply for a Council Tax discount please visit the government council tax discount page.

To ensure that this is processed smoothly, please ensure that your term-time address is up to date by logging into your Student Record and update it accordingly here.

For students living outside of Greater Manchester, you will need to request a council tax exemption certificate request via your Student Record. To do this please login, click on the link under the Student Services heading, and supply this information to your local council.

Get started now by logging into your Student Record here.