International Students and Visitor Visas
  1. Help Centre
  2. Graduation FAQs
  3. International Students and Visitor Visas

How can I invite my family/friends to attend my graduation?

If your family members need to travel to the UK to attend your graduation they should apply for a standard Visitor visa as detailed above. Please check the UKVI web page Standard Visitor visa information for information on how to apply. In addition, you will need to provide a letter to formally invite them to visit you for your graduation.

Visa support letters should include the dates of your graduation and any accommodation arrangements if applicable. You should also supply the following:

  • Photocopies of your passport and immigration document(s)
  • Evidence that you are a student at the University (request a To Whom It May Concern letter from
  • Evidence that you have been invited to attend graduation
  • If you have any questions and wish to speak to someone – please contact