Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
Will I need an interview?
For certain subjects, or in cases where an applicant has non-traditional academic qualifications, or where we are required by law or by a professional body, we may invite you for an interview. We may also use additional or alternative assessment methods including:
- Telephone or face-to-face interview (these may be carried out one-to-one or in a group situation)
- Portfolio of work
- Admissions/diagnostic tests (including numeracy and/or literacy tests)
- Academic scrutiny of research proposals (for postgraduate research applications).
Interviewing courses are generally those in Nursing, Health, Art & Design, and Teacher Training disciplines.
Once you have applied, our Admissions Team will email you with a link to select your interview date. If you are unable to select a date or if you wish to enquire about an alternative date, please contact the team directly at UGinterviews@bolton.ac.uk or call 01204 903 394.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
The University of Bolton is proud to have a strong international social society and welcomes students to a diverse supportive and welcoming campus. For the past three years being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction (Complete University Guide, North West) is because we put our students and their needs, first!
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.