Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
Why have I been asked for references?
References are a standard part of University Admissions. We request references to support your ability to study at the appropriate level, and to ensure your qualifications or experience are in line with the course entry requirements, this helps to make the admissions process fair for all applicants.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
Academic references are preferred, particularly for Undergraduate courses. However we understand that for Postgraduate courses, or for applicants returning to education from their careers may not have as easy access to academic references, and therefore professional references may be considered.
If you would like to find out more information about our courses and to speak with advisors, why not book onto our next Open Day or Course Advice Day?
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.