Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
Support for New and Current Students
What is a Business Management foundation course for and what should I expect?
The BSc (Hons) Business Management foundation year at the University of Bolton is aimed to help students without traditional academic qualifications progress onto the BSc degree course.
The foundation year offers a strong grounding in an essential range of contemporary business management subjects combined with the opportunity to focus your studies in the final year. The foundation year is the first year of this 4-year degree, offering an excellent grounding in the fundamentals of business and management alongside study skills development. It's designed to prepare you for degree-level study.
You can graduate with generic business management or choose one of our named pathways – marketing, finance, people management, retail, or supply chain management. Graduates of all these pathways will also receive the CMI Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management.
If you have any other enquiries relating to this you can contact the BSc (Hons) Business Management Team to discuss, their contact details can be found at the bottom of the specific course page by searching the Institute of Management subject area.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and we pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.