Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
What are UCAS tariff points ?
UCAS Tariff points translate qualifications and grades into a numerical value that universities can use to make admissions processes and requirements fairer. Many level 3 (or above) qualifications have a UCAS Tariff value but the amount of points depends on the qualification and the grade you achieve.
If a qualification is not on the UCAS Tariff as equivalent, is an overseas qualification, or not listed, then it can still be considered if the duration and course content is at a similar level to A level (level 3) or above. You can find out more about how to apply with alternative qualifications in this article or for international qualifications please contact the International Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01204903110 to speak with an advisor.
It’s a good idea to read the guidance notes in the Tariff calculator to understand how the Tariff works.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
What is #UniAsItShouldBe? A University that puts its students and their needs first through a supportive learning environment. Welcome to the University of Bolton.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.