Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
- Graduation Ceremony
- Academic Dress and Photography
- Award Information
- Special requirements, information for students and guests.
- Travel Information
- International Students and Visitor Visas
- How to contact the Graduation Team
- Booking and Tickets
- Dates of 2023 Graduation Ceremonies
- Covid 19 Information
- Where is the Graduation Ceremony?
- Closed Doors Policy
What skills will I learn on MA Professional Practices ?
The University of Bolton’s innovative and dynamic MA/MSc Professional Practice (Specialism) allows you to shape your master’s degree to your individual passions and goals. Combining focused study in one or two specialisms of your choice with essential training to develop the high-level transferable skills needed for career success, you can personalise your studies, extend your expertise and become the master of your future career development.
As a graduate of this master’s degree, you’ll possess in-depth knowledge in your field(s) of interest and a unique body of work that demonstrates your abilities and style. You’ll be able to act autonomously, and use your initiative, problem-solving, and leadership skills to manage complex situations. You’ll have valuable skills in employability, problem-solving, and in collaborative and team working with other professionals, community members, and commercial organisations. Overall, the course offers no-nonsense guidance towards self-improvement. By the end of the course, you should have the skills to take charge of your personal and professional development and be able to reflect on your progress as you work towards your goals.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and we pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.