Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
- Graduation Ceremony
- Academic Dress and Photography
- Award Information
- Special requirements, information for students and guests.
- Travel Information
- International Students and Visitor Visas
- How to contact the Graduation Team
- Booking and Tickets
- Dates of 2023 Graduation Ceremonies
- Covid 19 Information
- Where is the Graduation Ceremony?
- Closed Doors Policy
What graduate opportunities are there when I graduate from Motorsport Engineering?
Offering the real-life experience of the motorsport industry, access to up-to-the minute, purpose-built workshops and laboratories, and passionate, experienced lecturers, our IMechE-accredited Automotive Performance Engineering (Motorsport) degree is for you if a career at the cutting-edge of automotive and motorsport engineering is your aim.
Careers in motorsport engineering are diverse and employers range from racing teams, to manufacturers and supply chain businesses. Fundamental engineering knowledge and related transferable skills are sought after by the global engineering industry, including automotive, aerospace, marine, and rail companies.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
With experience, you could progress to senior engineer roles, project team management, general management, or consultancy. If you gain experience in creative design, you could move into the graphic design field. Teaching and lecturing at universities or colleges is a possibility if you complete a master’s or PhD. in mechanical or automotive engineering.
Graduates can also use the qualification to enter a range of other careers, and for some of these roles, both relevant experience and/or post-graduate study may be required. Some of these roles include:
- Electronics engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Technical sales
- Quality management
- Teaching, academia and lecturing
- Research and development
This course is constantly growing. At the end of graduation to help alumni continue to improve their graduate prospects all motorsports students are invited to join social groups and have links with Alba Tech. The school have had lots of success stories some of which you can see in the testimonials section of the course page.
Welcome to the National Centre for Motorsport Engineering