Disability Services

What funding is available for study-related support?

Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA)

The Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA) is support to cover any additional study-related costs that a student may incur due to their disability. External funding bodies such as Student Finance provide the DSA - this is separate to the University of Bolton Disability Service, although the Disability Service can provide advice and guidance on this. DSA Support might include:

  1. Non-Medical Help such as a Specialist Mentor, 1:1 Study Skills, or a BSL interpreter
  2. Specialist Equipment such as a Laptop with Assistive Software
  3. Support with additional travel expenses incurred by a disability.

For more information, including eligibility criteria and how to apply, please click here.