- Help Centre
- Learn More About Our Courses
- Art & Design and Fine Art
Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
What facilities are available for Art and Design students?
Bolton school of Art has a range of courses for students to allow them to get a full rounded view of the industry. Bolton School of the Arts provides a purpose-built learning environment that offers a comprehensive range of facilities designed to support students across a wide spectrum of creative courses.
You can also chat with our staff directly every Wednesday from 2 pm - 4 pm and periodically throughout the working week.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
Or book onto one of our Open Days or Course Advice Days to find out more and speak with the team.
Our media and visual communication facilities include:
• Custom-designed photography studios
• Fully equipped darkrooms
• Dedicated computer suites
• Wide-format digital printing technology
• In the Innovation Factory, our fine art facilities include:
• 3D art workshop with ceramic, glass and casting workshops
• 2D art workshop with printmaking processes
• Well-lit open studio accommodation
• Wood and metal workshops
The School of the Arts really exemplifies the University's TIRI commitment to enhancing the student learning experience by embedding research and professional practice of tutors within the curriculum. Research enriches seminars and practical workshops across the school and opens up a fantastic range of collaborative projects between tutors, students and essential partners.
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and we pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.