My certificates are in a different language or name. What should I do?

If your certificates and transcripts are not issued in English they must be officially translated. Translations can be done by an official translation company and must be officially stamped. Any name changes must be documented; for instance, please include a copy of your marriage certificate.

Please find more information on our international admissions page and for further guidance, please contact To find out more about the support on offer for our international students, please visit our international information page.

You can also chat with our staff directly every Wednesday from 2 pm - 4 pm and periodically throughout the working week.

Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.

Or book onto one of our Open Days or Course Advice Days to find out more and speak with the team.

The University of Bolton is proud to have a strong international social society and welcomes students to a diverse supportive and welcoming campus. For the past three years being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction (Complete University Guide, North West) is because we put our students’ and their needs, first!

We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.