Council Tax

If I take time out from my studies can I still receive Council Tax exemption?

If you remain registered as a full-time student with the University you will remain exempt from Council Tax. However, if you have suspended studies you should contact the Student Advisors for advice and guidance at or by our live chat below.

You can also chat with our staff directly every Wednesday from 2 pm - 4 pm and periodically throughout the working week.

Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.

Or book onto one of our Open Days or Course Advice Days to find out more and speak with the team.

Our Award-Winning Student Services Teams' prime focus is to ensure all students enjoy their University experience.

We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.