Council Tax

I am an international/overseas student with a partner, is my partner exempt from Council Tax?

International students are treated like UK students when it comes to liability for Council Tax if you are studying full-time. 

UKCISA provides further advice to international students with dependents, please visit the UKCISA website.

You can also chat with our staff directly every Wednesday from 2 pm - 4 pm and periodically throughout the working week.

Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.

Or book onto one of our Open Days or Course Advice Days to find out more and speak with the team.

Our Award-Winning Student Services Teams' prime focus is to ensure all students enjoy their University experience.

We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.