Council Tax

I am a full-time student but I live with someone who is not a student, what should I do?

If you study full-time but you live with adult(s) who are not full-time students, then your household will still be issued with a Council Tax bill. As a full-time student, you are not legally responsible or liable for the bill providing you have applied for the exemption yourself through the government council tax discount page.

Should you only live with one other adult who is not a full-time student then they can apply for a 25% single persons discount on the bill, please see the above link for guidance on how to do this.