Education and Teacher Training

How many UCAS points are required for Secondary Education with QTS courses?

If you are looking to gain QTS via an undergraduate 3-year course you will need 104 UCAS points, or equivalent qualifications and can apply directly on the website or via UCAS.

If you already have an Undergraduate degree you can apply directly for PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education) and you can apply directly through the University of Bolton website, you do not need to apply for this course via UCAS.

Applicants require an Undergraduate degree for a PGCE (M) course or a level 3 qualification for a Certificate in Education. Other detailed information can be found on the University website by selecting an Education and Teacher Training course.

If you have any other enquiries relating to this you can contact the Education and Teacher Training Team to discuss, their contact details can be found at the bottom of the specific course page by searching the Education and Teacher Training subject area.

You can also chat with our staff directly every Wednesday from 2 pm - 4 pm and periodically throughout the working week.

Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.

Or book onto one of our Open Days or Course Advice Days to find out more and speak with the team.

At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and we pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.

We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.