Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
- Graduation Ceremony
- Academic Dress and Photography
- Award Information
- Special requirements, information for students and guests.
- Travel Information
- International Students and Visitor Visas
- How to contact the Graduation Team
- Booking and Tickets
- Dates of 2023 Graduation Ceremonies
- Covid 19 Information
- Where is the Graduation Ceremony?
- Closed Doors Policy
How many UCAS points are required for Health and Social Care courses?
There are several Health and Social Care routes, some of which require you to be employed by an employer supporting the Higher Education Apprenticeship scheme, and who will sponsor your studies. Other routes, such as Undergraduate BSc and HND are accessible without these conditions, however, still have specific entry requirements and/or UCAS tariff points to gain admission.
Health and Social Care (apprenticeship route) require 40 UCAS points, (BSc) Health and Social Care require 96 UCAS points, (FdA) Health and Social Care requires 64 UCAS points, (HND) Health and Social Care requires 64 UCAS points, and (BSc with foundation year) Health and Social Care requires 48 UCAS points. Some routes have part-time options, and are detailed on the specific Health and Social Care course page within the subject area, along with specific entry requirements for each course.
You should have a keen interest in Health and Social Care topics, helping others, caring and attention to detail. Depending on your qualifications and experience we may consider your application without the exact UCAS tariff points if you have considerable experience in this area, or an appropriate course will be advised by the Health and Social Care Team.
For all the details on the specific Health and Social Care courses or if you have any other enquiries relating to this please visit the Health and Social Care subject area, you will also find contact details of the Health and Social Care Team if would like to speak to them directly.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and we pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.