- Help Centre
- Learn More About Our Courses
- Health and Social Care
Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
How long does Health and Social Care courses last?
At the University of Bolton, we offer both full-time and part-time courses dependent on your circumstances and how you'd like to study. An undergraduate full-time course will last 3 years, and a part-time course is 4.5 years. A full-time postgraduate course is 1 year in length and a part-time course is 2 years.
However, we have a range of Health and Social Care subjects at different levels, including HND, FdA, PD, BA, and MA/MSc level, and the duration of each course is variable depending on this. We advertise each duration on the course pages which are updated regularly, so rest assured that the latest intakes and start dates are listed, or can be requested from the programme leader, details can be found at here.
You can also chat with our staff directly every Wednesday from 2 pm - 4 pm and periodically throughout the working week.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
Or book onto one of our Open Days or Course Advice Days to find out more and speak with the team.
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach; welcome to #UniAsItShouldBe.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.