Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
- Graduation Ceremony
- Academic Dress and Photography
- Award Information
- Special requirements, information for students and guests.
- Travel Information
- International Students and Visitor Visas
- How to contact the Graduation Team
- Booking and Tickets
- Dates of 2023 Graduation Ceremonies
- Covid 19 Information
- Where is the Graduation Ceremony?
- Closed Doors Policy
How can I apply to an MPhil or PhD course?
Thank you for your interest in studying at the University of Bolton.
We offer a wide range of Postgraduate courses and you can find them by using our course search. Please use the filters to find the appropriate course and mode of study.
You can begin your application by checking the Research Admissions page. There are details of the application process and also a list of contact details for Academic Supervisors if you wish to get in touch directly before applying.
To apply you can download the Master's of Philosophy (MPhil) and Professional Doctorate (PhD) application here, then attach your research proposal and email it to email@example.com. An Academic Supervisor appropriate to your field will review your proposal.
PLEASE NOTE: all completed research degree application forms and research proposals MUST be submitted to University Admissions (firstname.lastname@example.org) and not to the Research Coordinator.
Alternatively, chat to our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
There has never been a better time to invest in your future. We offer a variety of exciting postgraduate courses, including Game Changer bursaries for Postgraduate Professional Development, and Postgraduate Specialism courses to tailor degrees to your expertise, supporting your career ambitions. Visit our Master's Game Changers page for more details.