Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
Do I need to do a foundation year?
Foundation years are designed to give students a 'boost' if they do not meet the requirements for the 3-year degree course. They offer targeted subject knowledge and essential study skills to help you succeed in higher education. You do not necessarily have to complete a foundation year, it will depend on the entry criteria for your course and the academic, personal and professional experience you offer as a prospective student. For information about the entry requirements for your course, please visit our subject areas page.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
You can find out more about our application and admissions processes on our application and admissions page. Alternatively, you can call us on 01204 903 394 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the University of Bolton we are proud that for the past three years we have been voted No.1 (Complete University Guide 2021, North West) by or students for Student Satisfaction.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.