Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
How many UCAS points are required for the Paramedic Science course?
Paramedic Science courses require 120 UCAS points and is a 3-year undergraduate degree programmes. These are full-time courses and there are no part-time options available. One of your level 3 qualifications must be in a Biology or BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science. Examples of science subjects include healthcare, human biology, biology, physics, chemistry, psychology, mathematics, and social science. Please note that General Studies and Critical Thinking will not be counted towards the UCAS point requirement. You will require Level 2 English and Maths qualifications (such as GCSE or Functional Skills, or equivalent). Please note that you will not be able to start a course unless you already possess these qualifications.
You should have a keen interest in the health sector and will also enjoy helping others, be caring, and pay attention to detail. If you have experience in a relevant field this may also be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
If you have an alternative qualification or any academic enquiries relating to this you can contact the Paramedic Sciences Team to discuss, their contact details can be found at the bottom of the Nursing and Midwifery course page which you can find from the Paramedic Science course page.
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.