Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
Support for New and Current Students
How can I apply to an MPhil or PhD course?
Thank you for your interest in studying at the University of Bolton.
We offer a wide range of graduate courses and you can find them by the course search. Please use the filters to find the appropriate course and mode of study.
You can begin your application by checking the Research Admissions page. There are details of the application process and also a list of contact details for Academic Supervisors if you wish to get in touch directly before applying.
To apply you can download the Master's of Philosophy (MPhil) and Professional Doctorate (PhD) application here then attach your research proposal to email to firstname.lastname@example.org. An Academic Supervisor appropriate to your field will review your proposal.
PLEASE NOTE: all completed research degree application forms and research proposals MUST be submitted to university admissions (email@example.com) and not to the Research Coordinator.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and we pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.