Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
Support for New and Current Students
Do you have to study for a master's before starting a PhD?
Thank you for your enquiry about postgraduate study at the University of Bolton.
A master's degree, or its international equivalent, is often required for entry onto a PhD. Please check the information for your subject area of interest at our research programmes page or to enquire about entry with international qualifications please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, chat to our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
We offer a variety of exciting postgraduate courses, including game changer bursaries for postgraduate professional development, and postgraduate Specialism courses to tailor degrees to your expertise, supporting your career ambitions. Visit our masters game changers page for more details.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.