Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
Do I need to submit references?
You will be expected to provide at least one reference with your application, preferably your referee is a personal tutor (or equivalent) or another academic who has taught you so that they are in a position to comment on your potential. If it is a while since you graduated and you cannot provide an academic reference, you may supply a work-related reference instead, typically this should be written by your supervisor or line manager.
Alternatively, if you are not applying through UCAS, you can provide us with your referees’ email addresses and we will send a request by email. Please note that our system will only send one email so after that it is your responsibility to send reminders, if required. Please ensure that your referees are prepared and able to provide the references within five working days of the submission of your application.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
Please find more information on our applications and admissions page and for further guidance, please contact email@example.com.
To find out more about the support on offer for our international students, please visit our international students page.
The University of Bolton is proud to have a strong international social society and welcomes students to a diverse supportive and welcoming campus. For the past three years being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction (Complete University Guide, North West) is because we put our students’ and their needs, first!
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.