Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
Are there any work placements on Special Effects and Make-up courses?
Special Effects and Make-up do not offer work placements during your study, this is mainly because of the GDPR regulations of workshops and also because we have a very heavy involvement with industry at the University. Industry professionals will often visit for talks, demonstrations and they will even teach full modules so you get authentic real-world skills and scenarios.
We offer many live projects with industry, and we do encourage students to source work placement opportunities or experience to fast-track industry experience and enhance portfolios and CV's. Where practicable, we often exhibit our work at national and international events, participating in competition briefs in charitable and commercial sectors.
If you have any other enquiries relating to this you can contact the Electrical and Electronic Engineering Team to discuss, their contact details can be found at the bottom of the specific course page by searching the Special Effects and Make-Up subject area.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and we pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.