Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
Support for New and Current Students
Will a student be matched with a scribe in exams who has their subject knowledge, and doesn't that place them at an advantage?
Students are matched with scribes who have some subject knowledge of the course the student is studying. In order to undertake their role effectively, they need a basic knowledge of the course’s specific technical language. For example, a scribe with an Arts background would not be matched with a student who is studying a Science or Maths subject where equations or formulas may need to be written, it is important the scribe has an awareness of those conventions. Scribes work to a strict code of conduct and only write down what a student dictates to them even if the scribe is aware the answer is incorrect.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
Please contact the Disability Team for more information on 01204 903 478 or email: email@example.com, more information can also be found on our student support page.
The University of Bolton award-winning Student Services Team ensures students needs and requirements are supported, so they can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.