Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
What skills will I learn on a Graphic Design course?
For Graphic Design courses we teach a variety of skills relating to printed, digital, interactive, 3D, installation, laser cutting, large format, and many aspects of the design process for a variety of outcomes, that allow you to explore your unique style.
We teach digital textile design using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, and other industry software that you can integrate into your work such as Adobe Suite, coding suites, and other advanced software.
We teach aspects of professional practice including how to prepare a portfolio for an interview. We also teach students how to market their work effectively through online portfolios and social media, time management, adaptability, confidence, resilience, interview skills, and many more.
If you have any other enquiries relating to this you can contact the Graphic Design Team to discuss, their contact details can be found at the bottom of the specific course page by searching the Graphic Design subject area.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and we pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.