At the University of Bolton we are proud of our supportive learning environment. The Disability Advisors:
- Support you in applying for Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA) if appropriate, and advise you as you are going through the process
- Communicate your requirements to your tutors, including exam arrangements in line with your consent
- Advice in regards to equipment that may be available to loan
- Support you to access support that is appropriate to your individual disability needs
- Be available for appointments and weekly drop-in sessions
- Be contactable by telephone and email
- Advice on services internal and external to the University for your disability needs
- Provide advice and guidance on disclosure
- Provide advice and guidance on gaining acceptable medical or Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD) evidence
- Work with colleagues to ensure reasonable adjustments are put in place.
Unfortunately, the Disability Advisors will not be able to:
- Extend deadlines for you
- Speak to others (including family members) regarding your support, unless you have asked us to in writing
- Be able to see you at a time that is not a drop-in, or a pre-arranged appointment.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
The University of Bolton award-winning Student Services Team ensures students needs and requirements are supported, so they can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.