Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
What are UCAS points?
UCAS points are allocated to level 3/SCQF level 6 qualifications. This group of qualifications are often called 'A-level equivalent' study. Many Universities use UCAS points in their entry requirements for Undergraduate programmes. An enormous range of qualifications are included in the UCAS tariff points tables, such as A-levels, BTEC National Diplomas, Scottish Highers, International Baccalaureate, Access to HE programmes and the new T-levels.
More information about the range of 'A-level equivalent' qualifications, UCAS points and how to calculate them can be found at UCAS.
Of course, the University of Bolton is happy to consider your application if your qualifications are not listed in the UCAS points tariff. If you are not sure if your qualifications are 'A-level equivalent' or would like to speak to someone about your application, please get in touch with the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01204 903 394.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
You can find out more about our application and admissions processes on our applications and admissions page. Alternatively, you can call us on 01204 903 394 or email email@example.com.
At the University of Bolton we are proud that for the past three years we have been voted No.1 (Complete University Guide 2021, North West) by or students for Student Satisfaction.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.