Health and Welfare

Who can apply for Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA)?

If you are a full-time or part-time, Undergraduate or Postgraduate home student you may be eligible to apply for funding through the Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA), however, there is strict eligibility criteria set out by funding bodies.

Please come in to discuss your eligibility if you are studying a short course or a few modules. Please note that you can apply for DSA up to 6 months before you begin your course, so you should apply as early as you are able to. You do not have to have decided which University you will be attending, to do so.

You can also chat with our staff directly every Wednesday from 2 pm - 4 pm and periodically throughout the working week.

Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.

Or book onto one of our Open Days or Course Advice Days to find out more and speak with the team.

Please contact the Disability Team for more information on 01204 903 478 or email:, more information can also be found on our student support page.

The University of Bolton award-winning Student Services Team ensure students needs and requirements are supported, so they can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe.

We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.