Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
- Graduation Ceremony
- Academic Dress and Photography
- Award Information
- Special requirements, information for students and guests.
- Travel Information
- International Students and Visitor Visas
- How to contact the Graduation Team
- Booking and Tickets
- Dates of 2023 Graduation Ceremonies
- Covid 19 Information
- Where is the Graduation Ceremony?
- Closed Doors Policy
What skills will I learn on Medical Biology courses?
As well as learning key theoretical principles, much of the programme is focused on "real-world" scenarios, so you will get a true understanding of how the field of Medical Biology is relevant in a professional context. We will also extensively develop your practical skills, both in terms of laboratory skills and in terms of transferable skills such as group working, problem-solving, and project management. You can also become a Student Affiliate member of the Royal Society of Biology.
You will learn transferable skills for the Medical Biology sector specifically, and general key competencies such as organisation, communication, and analytic skills which can also be adapted across a wide range of industries. This will be underpinned by your theoretical knowledge from taught and independent study, as well as the volunteering experience from your work placement and mentors.
If you have any other enquiries relating to this you can contact the Medical Biology Team to discuss, their contact details can be found at the bottom of the specific course page by searching the Medical Biology subject area.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and we pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.