Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
What skills will I learn on a Media and Photography course?
On the Media and Photography course, you will learn a broad range of camera skills with a range of formats (DSLR, 35mm, 6x6, 4x5, Phase one), studio lighting and set construction, location and architectural techniques, documentary, press, and photojournalism, fashion and portraiture, as well as exhibition and publishing, basic filmmaking, editing and darkroom (silver) skills, amongst many others. Alongside this, you will learn the soft skills which would aid you in a multitude of roles and careers within the Media and Photography industry.
We teach aspects of professional practice including how to prepare a portfolio for an interview. We also teach students how to market their work effectively through online portfolios and social media, time management, adaptability, confidence, resilience, interview skills, and many more.
If you have any other enquiries relating to this you can contact the Media and Photography Team to discuss, their contact details can be found at the bottom of the specific course page by searching the Media and Photography subject area.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and we pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.