- Help Centre
- Learn More About Our Courses
- Business Management
Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
- Graduation Ceremony
- Academic Dress and Photography
- Award Information
- Special requirements, information for students and guests.
- Travel Information
- International Students and Visitor Visas
- How to contact the Graduation Team
- Booking and Tickets
- Dates of 2023 Graduation Ceremonies
- Covid 19 Information
- Where is the Graduation Ceremony?
- Closed Doors Policy
What skills will I learn on a Business Management course?
You will learn transferable skills for the BSc (Hons) Business Management sector specifically, which can also be utilised across a wide range of industries. This will be underpinned by your theoretical knowledge from taught and independent study, as well as the volunteering experience from your work placement and mentors.
You will learn skills and knowledge in the main areas of business in your first two years, looking at HR, marketing, finance, project management, leading and managing teams, innovation, enterprise, and creativity which will provide the foundations for a career in business. Depending on your choice in your final year, you can further enhance these skills and knowledge in a specific area or general business.
You will be in a position to learn a number of critical skills that will prepare you for employment in whichever field you choose to work. These skills will not just focus on communication, problem-solving, time management, and critical analysis, but also those based upon our Graduate Attributes Matrix for Employability. These key employability skills are embedded within your individual modules and include resilience, effective communication, enterprising, adaptability, collaborative working, confidence, lifelong learning, and self-awareness.
If you have any other enquiries relating to this you can contact the BSc (Hons) Business Management Team to discuss, their contact details can be found at the bottom of the specific course page by searching the Institute of Management subject area.
You can also chat with our staff directly every Wednesday from 2 pm - 4 pm and periodically throughout the working week.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
Or book onto one of our Open Days or Course Advice Days to find out more and speak with the team.
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and we pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.