Health and Social Care

What is required in my portfolio for a Health and Social Care course?

For Health and Social Care courses we typically expect to see a portfolio that demonstrates your fieldwork and evidences the development of professional occupational competencies. A portfolio could be requested if you are wanting to transfer universities or apply for second or third-year entry. This may include essays, reports, poster presentations, PowerPoints, role play or event planning, for example.

For BSc and HND routes a work experience portfolio is required for completion in year 2. This is based on your individual reflections around your personal and professional development and practice in a work-based setting.

For all the details on the specific Health and Social Care courses or if you have any other enquiries relating to this please visit the Health and Social Care subject area, you will also find contact details of the Health and Social Care Team if would like to speak to them directly.

You can also chat with our staff directly every Wednesday from 2 pm - 4 pm and periodically throughout the working week.

Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.

Or book onto one of our Open Days or Course Advice Days to find out more and speak with the team.

At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and we pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.

We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.