Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
What is an Electrical and Electronic Engineering top-up course for and how can I apply?
The Electrical and Electronic Engineering top-up year is for those who have a qualification at HE5 level i.e. foundation degree, HNC or HND, or significant professional experience in an Electrical and Electronic Engineering organisation or similar field. It allows students to study at HE6 and obtain a full Undergraduate degree. In this case, applicants will be interviewed and given the opportunity to evidence your experience, portfolio, and suitability for advanced entry.
You could be considered for transfer or to continue your studies if you have completed your first or second year in a similar Undergraduate degree. A successful application should evidence academic writing, a portfolio of work for projects completed, transcripts, as well as any other documents that are relevant or advised by the Admissions Team or the Programme Leader to meet the entry requirements.
If you have any other enquiries relating to this you can contact the Electrical and Electronic Engineering Team to discuss, their contact details can be found at the bottom of the specific course page by searching the Electrical and Electronic Engineering subject area.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and we pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.