Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
- Graduation Ceremony
- Academic Dress and Photography
- Award Information
- Special requirements, information for students and guests.
- Travel Information
- International Students and Visitor Visas
- How to contact the Graduation Team
- Booking and Tickets
- Dates of 2023 Graduation Ceremonies
- Covid 19 Information
- Where is the Graduation Ceremony?
- Closed Doors Policy
What career paths are available after studying a Medical Biology course?
Medical biology careers span the spectrum of medical sciences. Since the subject area is so broad in scope, the available career options are similarly vast. Whether your focus is on disease diagnosis and treatment or developing a new medicine, medical biology careers often involve working in laboratories, and understanding how to use laboratory equipment is crucial.
Many Medical Biology graduates progress to employment in public and private settings, depending on their particular interests within the Medical Biology sector. You may progress to NHS Teaching and education, Medical administration, Health service management, Science writing, Health promotion, Medicine, Research and development, Medical sales, Intellectual property, Financial analysis, Genetics, Health education, Public relations Biomaterial Research and Development, postgraduate study and more! There are further details of career prospects on the course page, and tutors are available to advise you by email or chat services. We do hold remote meetings with applicants to deliver good advice and guidance to help you make this career decision.
If you have any other enquiries relating to this you can contact the Medical Biology Team to discuss, their contact details can be found at the bottom of the specific course page by searching the Medical Biology subject area.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and we pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.