Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
- Graduation Ceremony
- Academic Dress and Photography
- Award Information
- Special requirements, information for students and guests.
- Travel Information
- International Students and Visitor Visas
- How to contact the Graduation Team
- Booking and Tickets
- Dates of 2023 Graduation Ceremonies
- Covid 19 Information
- Where is the Graduation Ceremony?
- Closed Doors Policy
Is there a place where I can work on my Media and Photography projects outside of lecture times?
Yes, we have ample room in our light and airy studios, as well as materials and specialist tools that you will find useful to develop your Media and Photography work. Some studio facilities for Media and Photography are open-access, meaning that you can make use of the facilities outside of your timetabled class times for independent study. The facilities and availability will be outlined by your Programme Leader at your induction. Some creative technology facilities are open from 8am - 9pm, so you can work at the times that suit you. We also have a developers suite within the library which is only for use by students on courses in Creative Technologies, and this is open 24/7.
The library or Social Learning Zone (SLZ) are usually available to work on research or academic writing, however, access is limited due to COVID-19. There are a wide range of digital resources and journals available via Moodle and your student portal. For recommendations please see your recommended reading list.
If you have any other enquiries relating to this you can contact the Media and Photography Team to discuss, their contact details can be found at the bottom of the specific course page by searching the Media and Photography subject area.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and we pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.