Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
I would like to know more about English and Creative Writing courses.
Thank you for enquiring about Bolton School of the Arts. At the University of Bolton, we pride ourselves on our student-focused approach to learning, supporting your career ambitions, and preparing you for graduate employment. Quite simply, we ensure that you enjoy your time at University; through quality teaching, passionate lecturers, supportive environments and great facilities.
With a history stretching back over 150 years, Bolton School of the Arts offers a highly creative and vibrant range of courses, led by staff who are practising artists, designers, makers, critics, writers and performers. Moreover, our English and Creative Writing department is ranked top 10 in the UK by The Guardian University Guide 2021.
If you want to find out more about the courses we run and how we can offer you a truly unique learning experience then please take a look at our courses via the link below. Just choose the relevant course and you'll find information on entry requirements, programme leader contact details, and instructions on how to apply here.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
At the University of Bolton we understand our students have different requirements and pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach; welcome to #UniAsItShouldBe.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.