Disability Services

I had a test for a specific learning difficulty when I was in secondary school. Will I be able to use it to apply for Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA)?

There is a possibility that you would be able to apply for Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA) with a diagnostic report you have had done before your 16th birthday. The person who conducted the test must have met specific professional accreditation guidelines and the Disability Team will be able to advise further on your specific report during a drop-in session. If the report is not sufficient, we can help you organise a new assessment should this be required.

Please contact the Disability Team for more information on 01204 903 478 or email: indisabilityinfo@bolton.ac.uk, more information can also be found here.

You can also chat with our staff directly every Wednesday from 2 pm - 4 pm and periodically throughout the working week.

Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.

Or book onto one of our Open Days or Course Advice Days to find out more and speak with the team.

The University of Bolton award-winning Student Services Team ensures students needs and requirements are supported, so they can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe.

We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.