Disability Services

How do I apply for Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA)?

Your funding body will be able to provide you with an application form for Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA), and you can usually download these from the Student Finance website here. You will be expected to provide your funding body with evidence of your disability, in the form of either a medical note or an Educational Psychologist's report. On the basis of this evidence, the funding body will inform you whether they will fund a full assessment of your study needs.

You can also chat with our staff directly every Wednesday from 2 pm - 4 pm and periodically throughout the working week.

Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.

Or book onto one of our Open Days or Course Advice Days to find out more and speak with the team.

If you have more than one condition that you feel will impact your ability to study e.g. dyslexia and mobility difficulties then you will need to provide evidence for both, for instance an Educational Psychologist report and medical letter from your doctor.

As many students find this a daunting experience, a Disability Advisor can help you with this.

Please contact the Disability Team for more information on 01204 903 478 or email: disabilityinfo@bolton.ac.uk, more information can also be found here.

The University of Bolton award-winning Student Services Team ensures students needs and requirements are supported, so they can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe.

We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.