Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
How do I apply for Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA)?
Your funding body will be able to provide you with an application form for Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA), and you can usually download these from the Student Finance website here. You will be expected to provide your funding body with evidence of your disability, in the form of either a medical note or an Educational Psychologist's report. On the basis of this evidence, the funding body will inform you whether they will fund a full assessment of your study needs.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
If you have more than one condition that you feel will impact your ability to study e.g. dyslexia and mobility difficulties then you will need to provide evidence for both, for instance an Educational Psychologist report and medical letter from your doctor.
As many students find this a daunting experience, a Disability Advisor can help you with this.
Please contact the Disability Team for more information on 01204 903 478 or email: email@example.com, more information can also be found here.
The University of Bolton award-winning Student Services Team ensures students needs and requirements are supported, so they can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.