Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
Do Visual FX course have any industry involvement?
The Visual FX courses are heavily involved with industry and we value our staff teams industry experience too, we have guest industry lecturers who deliver content on our modules as well as one-day special visits from some of the industries biggest names, Neill Gorton CEO of Millenium Effects is our visiting Professor.
Other courses such as Games are partnered with Fabrik Games, based in Manchester, which offer mentoring opportunities for our students, and are regularly involved in portfolio reviews and guest workshops, so you can also have the opportunity to speak with connected industries. Other industry guests have included speakers from companies such as Codemasters, TT Visual FX, Firesprite, Lucid Visual FX, d3t, Wushu Games and Avalanche Studios. We work closely with these companies to ensure that the course content is relevant and up-to-date in this fast-moving industry, and students graduate with all the skills required to gain employment in graduate roles.
If you have any other enquiries relating to this you can contact the Visual FX Team to discuss, their contact details can be found at the bottom of the specific course page by searching the Visual FX subject area.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and we pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.