Disability Services

Can a specialist one-to-one study skills support worker help me with the subject I am studying?

A specialist may be able to help you with your disability-related study needs and provide you with strategies to approach your work. This can include:

  • Planning your time effectively so that you can meet your deadlines
  • Organising your files and paperwork
  • Working on structuring of work, essay structuring and paragraph formation
  • Planning what resources you may need to look at
  • Developing strategies to improve your spelling and grammar.
The specialist may also use any assistive technology that you may have been recommended through the Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA) during these sessions. For subject specialist support you will need to go to your module/personal tutor for this advice.

You can also chat with our staff directly every Wednesday from 2 pm - 4 pm and periodically throughout the working week.

Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.

Or book onto one of our Open Days or Course Advice Days to find out more and speak with the team.

Please contact the Disability Team for more information on 01204 903 478 or email: disabilityinfo@bolton.ac.uk, more information can also be found on our student support page.

The University of Bolton award-winning Student Services Team ensures students needs and requirements are supported, so they can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe.

We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.