Important dates and UCAS deadlines for 2021 entry
Please note that due to the pandemic that dates may, for the most up-to-date information please see the UCAS Key Dates webpage
- 29th January: Deadline for the majority of undergraduate courses, except those with 15th October deadlines.
- 25th February: UCAS Extra opens. Students who haven't received any offers from their five choices can use this service to submit further applications
- 6th May: Deadline for universities to make their decisions on applications (that were submitted by 29th January)
- May: Student Finance application deadlines
- 10th June: Deadline for students to respond to offers, if all decisions have been made before 20th May (i.e. choose your firm and insurance choices)
- 30th June: This is the final deadline for students to apply to university. If you don't make this deadline, then you must apply via Clearing.
- 4th July: Deadline to apply through UCAS Extra
- 5th July: UCAS Clearing opens. Students who don't receive the required grades for their courses can use this service to find spare places
- 5th July: International Baccalaureate results are published.
- 13th July: University decisions due on applications submitted by 30th June.
- 14th July: If you receive all decisions by 13th July, you must reply by 14th July.
- 10th August: SQA results day and GCE results day
- 24th August: A-Level results day and UCAS Adjustment (the service used by students who get better grades than expected and want to apply elsewhere) opens
- 20th August: Apply for a student bank account
- 31st August: Any remaining offer conditions must be met and Adjustment ends.
- 21st September: Final date for entry applications.
- 19th October: The last date to add entry Clearing choices.
- 20th October: Last day for Universities to make decisions
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
You can find out more about our application and admissions processes on our application and admissions page.
At the University of Bolton, we are proud that for the past three years we have been voted No.1 (Complete University Guide 2021, North West) by or students for Student Satisfaction.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.