Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
Is there a place where I can work on my Games projects outside of lecture times?
Yes, we have ample room in our light and airy studios, as well as materials and tools that you will find useful to develop your work. The specialist games labs are open-access, meaning that you can make use of the facilities outside of your timetabled class times for independent study. Our building is open from 8am-9pm, so you can work at the times that suit you. We also have a developers suite within the library which is only for use by students on courses in Creative Technologies, and this is open 24/7.
The library or Social Learning Zone (SLZ) are usually available to work on research or academic writing, however, access is limited due to COVID-19. There are a wide range of digital resources and journals available via Moodle and your student portal. For recommendations please see your recommended reading list.
If you have any other enquiries relating to this you can contact the Games Team to discuss, their contact details can be found at the bottom of the specific course page by searching the Games subject area.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and we pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.