Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
Support for New and Current Students
Is there a foundation course for Nursing and midwifery?
Unfortunately, we do not offer a Nursing and Midwifery foundation course, however, we do offer the Nursing Associate Foundation Degree which is a 2-year programme that allows you to obtain a career as a Nursing Associate Band 4 and register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) on successful completion. Please see the Nursing Associate course page for more details at www.bolton.ac.uk/course/NRS029-F-UOB-AX.
Fast-track to Nursing and Midwifery may also be an option for applicants with health and social qualifications at level 2, or have relevant experience to portfolio. The Fast-track to Nursing and Midwifery is a short course that enables you to progress to the first year of a Nursing or Midwifery degree, and more details of the course can be found at ,https://www.bolton.ac.uk/course/PUT018-F-UOB-BX/2019-20.
If you have any other enquiries relating to this you can contact the Nursing and Midwifery Team to discuss, their contact details can be found at the bottom of the specific course page at www.bolton.ac.uk/subject-areas/nursing-and-midwifery.
You chat directly to staff every Wednesday from 2pm - 4pm and periodically throughout the working week.
Alternatively, chat to our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
Or book onto one of our Open Days or Course Advice to find out more and speak with the team.
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.