Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
Support for New and Current Students
I was recommended some equipment in my study of needs report. How do I get it?
You will need to wait until your funding body have approved the purchase of the equipment you have been recommended. Do not purchase anything beforehand as it is unlikely that they will reimburse you. They will usually write to you to confirm this (this may take up to 4 weeks after they receive a copy of your finalised report). Once you have this letter, usually titled ‘We’ve approved your Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA)’ you can follow the instructions and contact the equipment supplier named in your approval letter.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
You should only order your equipment from the approved supplier. If you order equipment from an alternative source your funding body may not pay for it. Sometimes the funding body will order the equipment on your behalf, if this is the case they will usually state this in the letter they send you and give you instructions on what you should do next.
Please contact the Disability Team for more information on 01204 903 478 or email: email@example.com, more information can also be found on our student support page.
The University of Bolton award-winning Student Services Team ensures students needs and requirements are supported, so they can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.