Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
How many UCAS points are required for Media and Photography course?
Media and Photography courses require 96 UCAS points for the 3 year degree programme or part-time over 4.5 years, for a foundation year you will require 48 UCAS points, experience and/or a portfolio, or equivalent qualifications.
You should have a keen interest in communication, media and photography, design or development, the creative industries and processes, or experience in this field which you are able to demonstrate through a portfolio. There is no specific format to a portfolio, however, you could see our other FAQ resources for guidance, or contact a Programme Leader for further information.
If you have any other enquiries relating to this you can contact the Media and Photography Team to discuss, their contact details can be found at the bottom of the specific course page by searching the Media and Photography subject area.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and we pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.