In any job that you do (before, during, or after University) you will learn valuable skills that can be transferred to other jobs including ‘graduate’ roles. It is important to recognise the transferable skills you gain in all your jobs whether temping, part-time, casual, or seasonal. For example, in jobs you have had you will likely have:
- Worked well under many different pressures
- Developed excellent interpersonal skills through meeting people from a wide variety of social backgrounds
- Developed sound customer care skills dealing tactfully and diplomatically with difficult people
- Developed good organisational skills through stock-taking, till operating and housekeeping procedures
- Worked as part of a team, supporting others, and utilising communication and social skills
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
When you apply for a job your CV or application form should demonstrate how your skills and experience match the employer’s requirements for that job. Please book an appointment with the Careers Service for support with this. Further tips, support, and advice are available by logging into the Student Hub at www.studenthub.bolton.ac.uk. For more information please see our careers and employability page.
We are proud at the University of Bolton to have a dedicated employability team, to support your career ambitions.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.