Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
How do I book a coronavirus test?
The university will be hosting the NHS ‘Test and Trace’ asymptomatic rapid testing service at the University’s facility in Bolton One from 4th January 2021 for ALL students based on-campus in Bolton and at Queens Campus in Farnworth.
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
Students are encouraged to take two tests at least 3 days apart before accessing campus and teaching facilities and classes in January. Please book your tests so that the second test has taken place before you are due to access the campus or go on placement in January.
Testing is entirely voluntary and students are under no obligation to take any test before returning to campus, however, we strongly encourage students to take advantage of this testing service.
- Students are advised to book asymptomatic PCR testing on-line via the DHSC pillar 2 portal, selecting the following option: “My local council or health protection team has asked me (or someone I live with) to get a test, even though I do not have symptoms”
- If you test positive, please follow national guidance and self-isolate for 10 days* at home before returning to University
At the University of Bolton, we understand our students have different requirements and pride ourselves on the positive and supportive learning environment we provide. Being voted No. 1 for Student Satisfaction for the past three years (Complete University Guide, North West) is a testament to our approach; welcome to #UniAsItShouldBe.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.