Thinking About Joining Us
Learn More About Our Courses
- Access Courses and Fast Track Routes
- Animation and Illustration
- Art & Design and Fine Art
- Motorsport and Automotive Performance Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Community Development and Youth Work
- English and Creative Writing
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Dental Technology
- Early Years and Childhood Studies
- Education and Teacher Training
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Fashion and Textiles
- Graphic Design
- Theatre and Performance
- Health and Social Care
- Sport, Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Photography
- Clinical Practice and Biomedical Science
- Film FX
- Social Work
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Special Effects and Make-Up
- Visual FX
- Sports Development and Coaching
- Fast-track to HE and Polymaths
- Medical Biology
- Paramedic Science
- Professional Practice
- Creative Industries
Support for New and Current Students
Choosing a degree subject?
Knowing what to study at University is important as you will be at University for three or four years learning about this subject and it is likely you could work in a job related to this subject after University.
Here are a few tips on how to try and pick what subject you would like to do at University:
- Research different jobs you want to do in the future and see which degrees fit into this job.
- Choose a subject that you really enjoy learning about. If you choose something you already find slightly tedious it is likely you won't find your University course as fun.
- What subjects are you good at? If you do well in it at school it is likely you have a talent in this subject and could do well in it at University if you try hard.
- Look at what you enjoy and see if it is a real degree? To avoid disappointment double-check that what you want to study is a real degree. There are a wide range of degrees out there and available at the University of Bolton so it is likely there is a degree in what you enjoy.
- Ask your friend and people wo know you well what they think you are good at? See if this helps you get more information on wat you could do at University. But remember to always choose something you like and want to do as you'll be the one studying it!
Alternatively, chat with our current students who will be able to share this information with you and any other course-related queries.
What is #UniAsItShouldBe? A University that puts its students and their needs first through a supportive learning environment. Welcome to the University of Bolton.
We are proud of our work on-campus to ensure our students can enjoy #UniAsItShouldBe, COVID-secure.